June 5, 2008

These Are My Confessions...

Dear Listeners,

Since Sistah Confessions’ introduction to the literary world, I have met some wonderful people. The authors and guests that I had the chance to interview and connect with have opened my eyes to social issues pertaining to literature and my personal life. I have come to realize that what I do as a host is a valuable extension of who I am as a person. Each word that I speak or listen to is a direct reflection of my beliefs and values. Therefore I refuse allow my mirror to be distorted by beliefs and values that I do not embrace.

After careful evaluation, I decided to revise the mission of Sistah Confessions. I believe that words have the power to bring life or death to their listeners. Sistah Confessions’ vision is twofold:

·Provide a forum that will allow and encourage words that shed light on the dark issues of this world.

·Use the confessions of our authors and special guests to heal, inspire, and elicit change that will transform our lives.

Please bear with me as I take a hiatus to navigate Sistah Confessions to a destination with greater meaning, depth, and purpose. Until then, light up the darkness!

Best regards,

Tifany Jones
Founder and Talk Show Host
Sistah Confessions Book Club

0 comments: